What is a pre purchase inspection?
In short- a pre purchase inspection is an onsite independent written
assessment of a property when considered against the age, location and
present conditions of the building by a professional with extensive building
- We arrange the appointment- We contact and arrange
an appointment with the selling agent to conduct a pre purchase
inspection at the property you are considering purchasing.
- Full written report - We provide a full written report
on the condition of a property that is for sale, the areas that
are not accessible are excluded from the report, and conditions
- Major Structural Defects- Should major structural
defects be discovered, we would detail these matters in order
for you to re consider your contractual obligations.
- Plain English report and personal debriefing - A
customized easy to read report specific to your dwelling is written
and explained to you. A personal debriefing in our office is
also available so you fully understand all matters raised.
- How long does the inspection take? The pre purchase
inspection typically takes between 2- 2.5 hrs, inspecting approximately
400-500 items relating to the building and property. We can normally
attend the site within 72 hrs.
- What about termites? - We do not inspect
for termites or pest infestations.
- What building works to do first? - Our report
details the areas that require repairs, maintenance, renovation
or further inspection.
- What trades are required? - We detail the trades
required to carry out these works and a suggested time frame
for the works.
- How much will the documented works cost? We provide
you with a budget estimate for the works described in the written
report. This gives you an independent overview of the property
from an objective perspective.